But apparently my body has other ideas. Over the past few years various weird ailments (none critical or deadly) have befallen me. Some I will not bore you with lest I be accused of TMI. But here is just a little list of the weirdness that is me RIGHT fricking NOW!!
1. I have a cyst on my wrist...which sound kind of fun if you say it quickly. But it isn't. It is annoying and if I bend my wrist back and put pressure on it (like if I were being forced to do push-ups at aerobics class or something) it hurts. I had one of these a bunch of years ago after one pregnancy and it went away. So, I am going with the "wait and see" approach. Plus 2 doctors (an internist on my aerobics class and my dad, a retired neurosurgeon) told me to ignore it. I like that advice.
2. I have blepharitis. Google it...it is a VERY annoying eye/skin thing that is not contagious. It is annoying, did I mention that? I makes me look like I have pink eye shadow on and my eyelids get puffy. I have this steroid cream I can only use for 2 weeks at a time because the side effect is glaucoma (WTF? The side effect is worse that the condition!) It is chronic so it is supposed to come and go, but for the past 2 months it has not gone at all. I am not supposed to wear make-up and I think that is dumb, so perhaps that is exacerbating the problem. But my eyelids are all 'roided up, they can kick your ass. Whatever...
3. Allergies...spring time crap.
4. I still have this stupid swollen forearm from pruning the rose bushes last weekend. I was hoping it would be gone by now. It is smaller, so I don't look exactly like Popeye anymore. At least I got that going for me.
5. I keep getting woken up at night with a cramp in my left leg. Aren't I supposed to eat more bananas or something for that?
Stuff like this did not happen when I was in my 30's. Is there someplace I can file a grievance or something?