I live with my husband and 2 sons. I understand my husband, but it took time. We've been together 24 years this fall. As for the children though, I am occasionally confused, confounded and confuzzled by their behavior....Why, oh why do they:
1. Not care how dirty and smelly they are?
2. Not look when they pee? (And yes, I do look before I sit, but still...)
3. Refuse to use napkins...shirts are not for facial crumbs.
4. (Regarding my older son) Have nothing to say on the telephone but text constantly? And yes, KW, I realize you will blame me for this habit. But he doesn't drive, he's only 11. ;-)
5. Not hear anything I ask them in the morning but can retain the sports scores from the night before while eating cereal and watching SportsCenter?
6. Like to shoot things in video games? I find this boring.
7. Say there is nothing to eat and then take 4 boxes of things down to the basement?
8. Refuse to put clothes in the laundry basket?
Ok, I know there are easy reasons for these things like, "Because Mom will do it," or, "Because they don't care and they aren't really hurting anyone." And really, I choose happiness...I'm just wondering.