Some days it really is like I am a hamster on one of those wheel thingys. When I was in preschool my hamster Ernestine fell off the wheel and got caught and strangled between the cage wall and the wheel...I don't know why I bring that up except to illustrate that no good can come of running around in circles all darn day...So, here was my morning....Just wanted to share....
1. Alarm went off at 5:20 a.m. Worked out...40 minutes on the treadmill while watching the news and a REALLY old episode of Trading Spaces....Ty is so young and still cute and Page is way too perky for this early in the morning.
2. Showered, dressed, make-up, dried my hair. No need to shave my legs...it is almost winter ;-).
3. Checked email on my Blackberry. Respond to only union issues and one Facebook notification from someone with a question.
4. 7:00 a.m.-Woke up the boys...put clothes on one of them while he was still asleep. You guess...
5. Took breakfast orders while putting lunches, water bottles and snacks in backpacks. Got my own lunch ready...found my school id badge.
6. Get to Starbuck's at 7:35....venti coffee. Darn! Did not see my fake boyfriend there today (shhhh, don't tell Tom).
7. 7:50-arrive at school. If they ever put a ledge up by the front door maybe I can get in with my key card without having to put down one bag or spill coffee on my sleeve.
8. Xerox a whole bunch of math stuff...ok, not really because the machine did that dumb thing where it just beeps and then won't auto-feed the page. I HATE THAT!!!
9. Talk to Jeanne about union stuff coming up...and people that annoy us and we wish we could punch.
10. Go through mail, check voice mail, check email. Respond to all...ok, only the pressing ones and the parents that need answers about the book report NOW. Because you know, since I have HARDLY discussed the assignment at school, posted it on my blog, put it in my weekly newsletter all month and sent home a packet about it 3 weeks ago it is totally feasible that they are confused...
11. Kids in at 8:45. Why are some of them still wearing shorts?
12. Accepted notes about playdates and early leaving...these kids have more doctors appointments than the Gosling sextuplets. Gathered late homework from the usual offenders. Almost missed the Pledge on the intercom. How come those 5th graders are so darn loud at recess but so wimpy sounding on the intercom? LOL.
13. Go through the schedule for the day and answer the same question 5 times about why we don't have recess in the afternoon...Hello, my lovelies, it is late October...We have NEVER had afternoon recess on Mondays.
14. Start Math...and realize I DID need that sheet that the machine wouldn't xerox back in #8.....Time to IMPROVISE!!I'm hungry...when is LUNCH??????How much had you accomplished by 9:00 a.m. today?? ;-)